Friday, October 28, 2016

Week 3 EOC: My Demogaphic

Population is broken down into more specific increments. "Age groups present opportunities to focus on a section of a population and offer opportunities for marketers."(MKGT, 53). The more specific increments are called tweens, teens, Millennials, Generation X, and baby boomers. Each group is different in its own way. I was born on August 15, 1998, so I fall under the category of teens. As I was brought up the internet was becoming a bigger part of everyones daily lives. When I was in 6th grade the iPhone just came out and that was a necessity to have and now that I just graduated from high school the iPhone has became so much more advanced and the internet as well. Recent studies have showed that teens are big on social media. For me personally that is correct. Social media is a great way to express myself and stay engaged in other peoples lives. Along with the study it shows teens are big on shopping. Once again yes that is correct. Throughout high school it was all about looks. Are you wearing the latest shoes, do you own the most expensive piece of jewelry, and do you rock what you're wearing well. A lot of teens fall under the category of unemployment. Im the small percentage who didn't. While I was in high school I had 2 jobs, but when I graduated from Castro Valley High in California I moved to Nevada with my family which meant I had to quit both jobs. After graduating I knew what I wanted to do and thats what brings me to the Art Institute for my Fashion and Retail Management degree to become a Buyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment